Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Pre hike day 1

With a phone call from my buddy Shepherd, while I'm hanging at the Lazy Lizord Hostel in Moab, UT.. we finally got to do some pre trail chatting. The Hayduke Trail is not the sort of trail you wish to just go hiking on without doing any for thought on. It's tough for me to even call it a Trail.. it's more like a Route.. Unfortunately I've been on the AZT and our planning had been cut a bit short. While planning has been limited, experience has been gained. Gained though feel of the areas.  Hiking across Arizona was Although a Trail. You still get a feel for this southwest in early spring (THIS YEAR) The snow pack above 8000ft has been feeding the seasonal springs. While the weather has kept herself nice and tame. I have had now 3 storms in my past 43 days while the most recent is above Moab now. It added a dusting of winter to the tops of the La Sal Mountains southeast of Moab and is still dropping snow in the San Juans further East. Thats fine with me though, let it snow let it snow let it snow. Snow means water and water is life. Keep in mind that in moab it is not snowing.. the land is dry while the trees are beginning to try and bloom. I'm all for this.. Spring is here finally and it's making for a great contrast against a land of red rocks. A few more days before my hike and I am enjoying every minute of it

No comments:

Post a Comment