Friday, March 25, 2016

Pre trail day 4

My last day at the Hostel and I'm leaving my temporary Hostel friends. So I took a couple of them for a walk through town. My last minute errands need be done.. the Post Office, a book store, returning some twine at the hardware store (this is where I lost my buddies) picking up a cake and a few beers for my trail bud the Shepherds.. it's his B-day today. Since I lost my hostel buds on the walk back I decided to start cooking the last of my food. Lot's of potatoes and Bacon and eggs with cheese. It eased over the fact that I split from them.  While chilling in the group room watching some Transporter movie and enjoying my second dinner of stew. My bud Shepherd surprised me. With a tap on my shoulder and a big hug. A few goodbyes. It was time to leave. Dark now I loaded the truck filled with sheps friends. Time to go camping. We drove out of town looking for a spot along the Colorado River. It's Friday night and getting close to 9pm. The spots are all full.  I directed the crew to the group campsite at Onion Creek. The same one I stayed at 5 days ago with Johns family. The spot being tucked away was open once again. So we set up and made my third dinner of the night on a Dutch Oven in the fire. Chatting and chilly and celebrating The Shepherd stinking amazing Birthday. Party On...

No comments:

Post a Comment